Jefferson Parish School Board Sick Leave Bank open enrollment begins on Monday, October 3 and continues through Monday, October 31.
Employees should complete the Sick Leave Bank Membership Application Form and send it to Penny Ledet, Administrative Assistant, Employee Services. The form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to the Human Resources Department at 501 Manhattan Boulevard in Harvey, LA 70058.
Several highlights of the policy are as follows:
- All full-time employees who are eligible for sick leave and who have completed one (1) year of continuous service with the JPSB are eligible to participate.
- There are three separate accounts within the sick leave bank, Teacher or other School Based Certificated Employee, Bus Driver, and Other – to include all other employees not in the previous two accounts.
- Employees will only be allowed to contribute one full day, annually, to the Sick Leave Bank and donation is irrevocable.
- Days donated to the Sick Leave Bank will be converted to a value based on the “donating employees” daily rate of pay.
- Only those employees who contribute to the Sick Leave Bank will be eligible to apply for Sick Leave Bank benefits.
- Employees must first use all available types of sick leave before receiving benefits from the Sick Leave Bank.
- Only employee illnesses will qualify for Sick Leave Bank benefits. Immediate family members’ illnesses will not qualify.
- Membership is for one year and employees wishing to participate in the Sick Leave Bank are required to enroll each year. Employees may cancel his/her membership at any time.
The Sick Leave Bank Policy can be accessed at this link. For additional information, please see the Sick Leave Bank FAQs at this link.
Sick Leave Donation Policy
The JPSB adopted a Sick Leave Donation Policy. The Sick Leave Donation Policy allows for JPPSS employees to donate additional sick leave days to another employee’s sick leave account when said account has been exhausted. An employee may apply to receive donated days in the event of catastrophic illness or injury to the employee or the employee’s immediate family. JPPSS employees who wish to participate in the Sick Bank Donation must be members of the JPSS Sick Bank.
Employees should complete the Sick Leave Bank Membership Application Form and send to Penny Ledet, Administrative Assistant, Personnel Services. The form can be emailed to email@example.com or hand delivered to the Human Resources Department at 501 Manhattan Boulevard in Harvey.
Only employees who are enrolled in the 2016-2017 Sick Bank will be eligible to participate in the Sick Bank Donation process and be eligible to receive up to thirty (30) donated sick days from JPPSS colleagues.
For questions, please contact Penny Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org.