The Jefferson Parish Public School System (JPPSS) today announced new principal appointments for the 2013-14 school year.
“We are excited to have these talented men and women bring their instructional expertise and experience in service of our students, families, and community,” said Superintendent Dr. James Meza, Jr. “We are confident that we have found the best candidates to continue our work of delivering high quality education that meets the needs of every student at JPPSS.”
The new principal appointments are as follows:
- Airline Park for Advanced Studies - Tiffani LeBouef. LeBouef taught in Orleans and Jefferson Parishes before becoming the principal of Birney Elementary in 2012.
- Alice Birney Elementary - Jewel Jackson. Jackson began her career in JPPSS as an account clerk for G.T. Woods. She has since worked as a teacher and assistant principal, earning three degrees while continuing her service to the parish.
- Adams Middle - Charles “Chuck” DiLauro. DiLauro most recently served as the principal of Hudson Middle School in Hudson, Ohio, which is rated as one of the top five middle schools in the state. He began his career as a special education teacher in Cleveland.
- Bissonet Plaza Elementary - Audrey Easley. Easley began her teaching career in Jefferson Parish and has served as an assistant principal at A.C. Alexander, Maggiore, and most recently, Bissonet Plaza.
- Fisher Middle/High - Debbie Dantin. Dantin most recently served as the assistant principal of Fisher Middle/High and has held various roles in the district since she began her career with JPPSS as a teacher in 1992.
- Gretna Middle - Scott Deemer. Deemer began his teaching career in Plaquemines Parish before returning to his native Jefferson Parish, where he has served as a teacher, interim dean, and most recently, assistant principal at Miller Wall Elementary.
- Hart Elementary - Tamara Warner. Warner has worked for JPPSS since 2004, serving as an elementary teacher and most recently as an assistant principal of Harahan Elementary.
- Haynes Academy for Advanced Studies - Karla Russo. Russo began her career in Jefferson Parish as a secondary mathematics teacher and has served as a secondary mathematics instructional strategist and the assistant principal for Ruppel Academy.
- Keller Elementary – Karina Castillo. Castillo comes to JPPSS from Houston, where she most recently served as an assistant principal. She has instructional experience both at the elementary and middle school levels.
- Vic. A. Pitre Elementary - Wesley Taylor. Taylor began his teaching career in Jefferson Parish in 2003 as an elementary math, science, and social studies teacher and most recently served in multiple leadership roles under the direction of his principal at Lionel Collins Montessori.
- Woodmere Elementary - Savina Jasper. Jasper most recently served as an assistant principal at Ellender School and brings 14 years of educational experience as a teacher and administrator, including 8 years with JPPSS.
In addition, the district has named Cristin Bailey Menyweather as the principal of Cherbonnier/Rillieux Elementary and Vanessa Brown-Lewis as the principal of West Jefferson High School. Both served as acting principals of their respective schools during the 2012-13 school year.