Pre-K registration in Jefferson Parish for the 2017-18 school year will take place starting March 7. Applications for the 2017-2018 school year can be submitted online at www.jeffersonchild.com beginning March 7. Families needing face-to-face assistance to submit an online application or to upload documents can come to any of the following locations:
|March 7-10||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||JPPSS Administration Building
501 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, 70058
|March 8||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Hazel Hurst Community Center
1121 Causeway Blvd., Jefferson, 70121
|March 15||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Our Lady of Perpetual Help Gym
531 Williams Blvd., Kenner, 70062
|March 18||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Marrero Community Center
1861 Ames Blvd., Marrero, 70072
|March 22||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Gretna Community Center
1700 Monroe St., Gretna, 70053
System for Support at JPPSS – 501 Manhattan Blvd:
|March 7||Student’s last name begins with A-F|
|March 8||Student’s last name begins with G-L|
|March 9||Student’s last name begins with M-R, Extended hours until 6:00 pm for ALL working families A-Z|
|March 10||Student’s last name begins with S-Z|
Guidelines for Registration for JPPSS PK4 CLASSES:
- Child must be four (4) years old on or before September 30, 2017, to apply for a JPPSS PK4 classroom.
- Title I classes may be subject to a screening.
- Bus transportation will only be provided for students within their school attendance zones.
- Only completed applications with ALL required documents will be placed in the lottery system.
- Parents may choose up to three (3) sites for possible placement in the application process.
- Families will receive placement or wait-listed status by E-MAIL ONLY.
- Families will be required to accept or decline placement through their online account.
Items Needed to Register your Child:
- Parent / Guardian Identification (Driver’s license or state issued ID or Passport)
- Birth Certificate – Initial that both items have been verified:
- Verify child’s date of birth (For example: Applicants for 2017-2018 4 year old programs (PK 4, NSECD,) must fall between October 1, 2012- September 30, 2013.)
- Verify person completing application is the parent listed on the birth certificate. (If person completing application is NOT listed on the birth certificate, court-issued custody papers must be submitted.)
- Proof of Residence – Select which item you have verified:
- Current utility bill with the parent’s name and address
- Current lease or mortgage statement
- If the parent and child live with a family member or friend, that person is to provide verification with a letter in addition to one of the above items
- In a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship (Verified by LEA)
- Proof of Income – Select which item(s) you have verified:
- Two (2) consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for the current year (within 2 months from the date of filling out this application.)
- An official letter signed by your employer stating all of the following:
- Where parent/guardian is employed
- Hourly rate of pay
- The average number of hours parent/guardian works per week
- Date employed
- SNAP/Food Stamps – must include the child’s name and valid effective dates
- A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits, which must be accompanied by two current check stubs of parent
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS
- Parents unemployed must submit a letter of support and income documentation from support source
- Dated and signed letter from parent stating they are paid in cash and the amount paid monthly and documenting they are unable to provide check stubs.
- Families in a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship (homeless). Community Networks should follow LEA-defined procedures for verifying homeless status.
- 2016 tax documentation showing parent names and annual income (required for Jeff Cap, Birth to Five and Head Start applications). W2 OR 10402 – upload entire document. This cannot be used as a primary source of income for PK4. It is only allowable if no other form of income verification documentation exists. Previous tax years are not allowed.
Pre-K information is also available in the following languages:
For more information, please contact the JPPSS PK4 Department at 504-349-7696