The initial deadline for applications in the Jefferson Parish Early Childhood Collaborative system was March 24th at midnight. Applications submitted by March 24th at midnight have been reviewed and all completed, submitted, and eligible applications were included in the first lottery. Please log in to your dashboard at www.jeffersonchild.com to see if your child was awarded a seat or wait listed. Every awarded seat must be electronically accepted in your dashboard within 10 days of the lottery.
Applications for families opened again on April 18th at www.jeffersonchild.com. Families may submit new applications and add documentation to existing applications and apply for any remaining open seats across early childhood programs in Jefferson Parish.
Assistance is available to families at 501 Manhattan Blvd. in Harvey from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., Monday through Friday. All questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Assistance is also available to families on Friday, April 21 from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm at Spring Ridge Academy at 520 Jackson Street, Kenner, LA 70062.
For questions or assistance specific to Head Start applications, please contact the Head Start center where you are applying or call the Head Start office at 504-736-6850.
Guidelines for Registration for JPPSS PK4 CLASSES:
- Child must be four (4) years old on or before September 30, 2017 to apply for a JPPSS PK4 classroom.
- Title I classes may be subject to a screening.
- Bus transportation will only be provided for students within their school attendance zones.
- Only completed applications with ALL required documents will be placed in the lottery system.
- Parents may choose up to three (3) sites for possible placement in the application process.
- Families will receive placement or wait-listed status by E-MAIL ONLY.
- Families will be required to accept or decline placement through their dashboard in their online account.
Items Needed to Register your Child (Must be uploaded into application):
- Parent / Guardian Identification (Driver’s license or state issued ID or Passport)
- Birth Certificate
- Child’s date of birth is verified (For example: Applicants for 2017-2018 4 year old programs (PK 4, NSECD,) must fall between October 1, 2012- September 30, 2013.)
- Verify person completing application is the parent listed on the birth certificate. (If person completing application is NOT listed on the birth certificate, court-issued custody papers must be submitted.)
- Proof of Residence (Upload 1 of the following & Must match parent name on application):
- Current electricity or gas bill with the parent’s name and address (water bill not accepted)
- Current lease or mortgage statement
- If the parent and child live with a family member or friend, that person is to provide verification with a letter in addition to one of the above items
- All adults listed on the utility bill, lease, or mortgage must be included on the application as adults living in the household unless those adults write letter stating they provide no income support to the child and parents
- Parents in a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship must have status verified by JPPSS through Homeless Coordinator
- Proof of Income (REQUIRED FOR ALL PROGRAMS; Upload 1 or more of the following):
- Two (2) consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD issued within 2 months of the date of this application and showing parent/adult name, pay period, hours worked, hourly rate, and year-to-date income.
- An official letter signed by your employer stating all of the following:
- Where parent/guardian is employed
- Hourly rate of pay
- The average number of hours parent/guardian works per week
- Date employed
- Dated and signed letter from parent stating they are self-employed and paid in cash and the amount paid monthly, and documenting they are unable to provide check stubs. If applying to Early Head Start or Head Start program, letter MUST be notarized
- Letter or certificate showing current status of SNAP/Food Stamps – must include the parent and child names and valid effective dates (Certified thru ______ )
- A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits, which must be accompanied by two current check stubs, for each adult in the household
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS. Foster parents are not required to upload their income, only the DCFS foster care agreement
- Parents who are unemployed must submit a letter of support and income documentation from support source. If the support source lives in the household, that person must be included in the application and their income reported on the application. If applying to Early Head Start or Head Start program, letter from support source MUST be notarized
- 2016 Proof of Income
- 2016 tax documentation (W2, 1040A) showing parent names and annual income. (REQUIRED for Jeff Cap Birth to Five Programs). This cannot be used as a primary source of income. Previous tax years are not allowed
Pre-K information is also available in the following languages:
For more information, please contact the JPPSS PK4 Department at 504-349-7696