Date/TimeDate(s) : 03/07/2017
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year can be submitted online at www.jeffersonchild.com beginning March 7. Families needing face-to-face assistance to submit an online application or to upload documents can come to any of the following locations:
|March 7-10||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||JPPSS Administration Building
501 Manhattan Blvd, Harvey, 70058
|March 8||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Hazel Hurst Community Center
1121 Causeway Blvd, Jefferson, 70121
|March 15||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Our Lady of Perpetual Help Gym
531 Williams Blvd, Kenner, 70062
|March 18||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Marrero Community Center
2001 Lincolnshire Dr. Marrero, 70072
|March 22||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Gretna Community Center
1700 Monroe St, Gretna, 70053
System for Support at JPPSS – 501 Manhattan Blvd:
|March 7||Student’s last name begins with A-F|
|March 8||Student’s last name begins with G-L|
|March 9||Student’s last name begins with M-R, Extended hours until 6:00 pm for ALL working families A-Z|
|March 10||Student’s last name begins with S-Z|
Guidelines for Registration for JPPSS PK4 CLASSES:
- Child must be four (4) years old on or before September 30, 2017, to apply for a JPPSS PK4 classroom.
- Title I classes may be subject to a screening.
- Bus transportation will only be provided for students within their school attendance zones.
- Only completed applications with ALL required documents will be placed in the lottery system.
- Parents may choose up to three (3) sites for possible placement in the application process.
- Families will receive placement or wait-listed status by E-MAIL ONLY.
- Families will be required to accept or decline placement through their online account.
Items Needed to Register your Child:
- Parent/Guardian Identification (Driver’s license or state issued ID or passport)
- Child’s Birth Certificate (Must be an original copy)
- Proof of Residency (1 of the following must match parent name on application)
- Current utility bill
- Legal document issued/approved by the US Office of Immigration/Naturalization showing current address
- Current lease or mortgage statement that must matches parent name on application
- Proof of Income (1 of the following)
- 2016 Income tax forms showing parent names and annual income (required for Head Start applications)
- 2 consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD within 2 months of the date of the application
- An official letter from employer on company letterhead stating all of the following:
- Date and location of parent employment
- Hourly rate of pay and average number of hours parent works per week
- Notarized, dated, and signed letter from parent stating they are paid in cash and the amount paid monthly, and documenting they are unable to provide check stubs
- Letter or certificate showing current status of SNAP/Food Stamps (must include the parent and child names and valid effective dates – Certified through ___)
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS
- Parents who are homeless or unemployed must submit a notarized letter of support and income from support source
Pre-K information is also available in the following languages:
For more information, please contact the JPPSS PK4 Department at 504-349-7696