501 Manhattan Blvd.
Harvey, LA 70058
The Jefferson Parish Public School System early childhood department seeks to provide foundational experiences to help your child become a successful life-long learner. We know that Early Childhood education in particular is critical to a child’s success. JPPSS offers pre-kindergarten classes from three programs – LA 4, 8(g) and Title I – each with different criteria and priority for admission.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Full-day attendance
- Low student-teacher ratio
- Supports and services for children with identified disabilities
- Transition meetings to kindergarten
PRE-KINDERGARTEN APPLICATION PROCESS
The Jefferson Parish Public School System is pleased to announce a collaborative Pre-Kindergarten application process for all children registering for publicly funded spots in child care, Head Start, Early Head Start, NSECD and elementary schools in Jefferson Parish. This Pre-K registration process was designed with the goal of convenience and accessibility for our parents. Applications for the 2017-2018 school year can be submitted online at www.jeffersonchild.com beginning March 7. Families needing face-to-face assistance to submit an online application or to upload documents can come to any of the following locations:
March 7-10 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. JPPSS Administration Building, 501 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, 70058
March 8 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Hazel Hurst Community Center, 1121 Causeway Blvd., Jefferson, 70121
March 15 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Our Lady of Perpetual Help Gym, 531 Williams Blvd., Kenner, 70062
March 18 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Marrero Community Center, 1861 Ames Blvd., Marrero, 70072,
March 22 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Gretna Community Center, 1700 Monroe St., Gretna, 70053
System for Support at JPPSS – 501 Manhattan Blvd:
March 7 – Student’s last name begins with A-F
March 8 – Student’s last name begins with G-L
March 9 – Student’s last name begins with M-R, Extended hours until 6:00 pm for ALL working families A-Z
March 10 – Student’s last name begins with S-Z
Guidelines for Registration for JPPSS PK4 CLASSES:
- Child must be four (4) years old on or before September 30, 2017 to apply for a JPPSS PK4 classroom.
- Title I classes may be subject to a screening.
- Bus transportation will only be provided for students within their school attendance zones.
- Only completed applications with ALL required documents will be placed in the lottery system.
- Parents may choose up to three (3) sites for possible placement in the application process.
- Families will receive placement or wait-listed status by E-MAIL ONLY.
- Families will be required to accept or decline placement through their online account.
Items Needed to Register your Child:
- Parent/Guardian Identification (Driver’s license or state issued ID or passport)
- Child’s Birth Certificate (Must be an original copy)
- Proof of Residency (1 of the following must match parent name on application)
- Current utility bill
- Legal document issued/approved by the US Office of Immigration/Naturalization showing current address
- Current lease or mortgage statement that must matches parent name on application
- Proof of Income (1 of the following)
- 2016 Income tax forms showing parent names and annual income (required for Head Start applications)
- 2 consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD within 2 months of the date of the application
- An official letter from employer on company letterhead stating all of the following:
- Date and location of parent employment
- Hourly rate of pay and average number of hours parent works per week
- Notarized, dated, and signed letter from parent stating they are paid in cash and the amount paid monthly, and documenting they are unable to provide check stubs
- Letter or certificate showing current status of SNAP/Food Stamps (must include the parent and child names and valid effective dates – Certified through ___)
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS
- Parents who are homeless or unemployed must submit a notarized letter of support and income from support source
Pre-K information is also available in the following languages:
For more information, please contact the JPPSS PK4 Department at 504-349-7696
Early Childhood Problems with the online application
If you are experiencing any problems with your online application or placement via www.jeffersonchild.com in an early childhood program please email the Jefferson Early Childhood Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed written message. Assistance will only be provided to families who request assistance in writing via email.
For contact information on your JPPSS school, click here.
JEFFERSON PARISH PUBLIC SCHOOL PROGRAMS DEFINED:
As Louisiana’s chief preschool program, the Cecil J. Picard LA4 Early Childhood Program provides economically disadvantaged children with early childhood education during a six-hour-a-day program and before- and after-school enrichment if funding is available. Priority is given to students from economically disadvantaged families.
Title I is a federal grant awarded to the district based upon the number of economically disadvantaged students. JPPSS dedicates funding for Early Childhood classes to students identified as eligible because they are at risk of failing to meet the state’s academic achievement standards when they reach school age.
|Scully, Annette||Director of Early Childhood Educationemail@example.com|
|Williams, Penny||Student Support Technician||Penny.Williams@jppss.k12.la.us|