501 Manhattan Blvd.
Harvey, LA 70058
The American Indian Program seeks to meet the unique educational and culturally related academic needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives, so the students can achieve to the same challenging state standards as all students. Any family with a child who holds tribal membership and attends a Jefferson Parish Public School is eligible to participate. If you do not have a 506 Form on file, please complete the attached form and return it to: Native American Indian Education Program at: 501 Manhattan Blvd., Suite #: 2300 in Harvey, LA 70058.
The 506 Form is available below, or at your child’s School.
Programs & Services
The American Indian Education Program offers:
- monthly parent meetings.
- free after school tutoring for all Native American Students who are struggling academically.
- free academic and Indian heritage summer camps for Native American students.
- free ACT prep courses, and educational technology for Natives American high school students.
- free college field trips to local colleges and universities and scholarship information for Native American high school students.
- free field trip to events promoting Native American cultures for Native American students.
Indian Parent Advisory Council (IPAC)
The Indian Parent Advisory Council (IPAC) in Jefferson Parish is parent led. JPPSS School Board
Representatives work with parents to manage the Indian Education Grant, and ensure compliance
with federal programs. The JPPSS IPAC is committed to providing increased academic and cultural
opportunities for Native American children and youth attending Jefferson Parish Public Schools.
IPAC Board Members are selected by the IPAC each spring.
2016-2017 IPAC Board Members:
Chairperson: Ms. Gretchen Boudreaux
Vice-Chairperson: Ms. Heather McDonald
Secretary: Ms. Kathy Rojas
Student Representative: Kody Schlicher
Student Representative: Anjele Guidry
2016-2017 IPAC Meetings
Please join us for any, or all IPAC meetings and work with us to provide resources and services for Native American children and youth in Jefferson Parish Public Schools.
- Monday, August 22, 2016
- Monday, September 19, 2016
- Monday, October 17, 2016
- Monday, November 28, 2016
- There will be no meeting in December 2016.
- Monday, January 9, 2017
- Monday, February 13, 2017
- Monday, March 20, 2017*
- There will be no meeting in April 2017.
- Monday, May 1, 2017*
* Subject to change.
Location: All meetings are on Mondays at 501 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, LA. 70058
Time: 6- 7 p.m.
Room #: 2000
|Castillo, Karina||Director of ELL Instructionemail@example.com|
|Orellana, Livia||Migrant/Indian Education Recruiterfirstname.lastname@example.org|