The role of the Recruitment and Selection Team is to ensure the highest caliber and the most diverse pool of applicants, both internal and external, for each position, and to ensure the continuous development and retention of the entire staff of employees. The Recruitment and Selection Department provides quality service to internal employees and to the broadest possible applicant pool.
The Recruitment and Selection Department is dedicated to servicing all employees and students of Jefferson Parish Public School System. Our department services schools in each network. Please feel free to contact your Recruitment & Staffing Coordinator (see below for a list) via email.
Early Decision Top Talent Teacher Cohort (T3 Cohort)
The Jefferson Parish Public School System (JPPSS) is now accepting applications for the district’s prestigious Early Decision Top Talent Teacher Cohort (T3 Cohort). This cohort will consist of a select group of highly effective educators who will go through an early selection process with the district. The cohort is designed to continue cultivating teacher quality in JPPSS by facilitating an early hiring process of talented teachers. The district will offer contracts as early as February 2017 to candidates accepted into the T3 Cohort, guaranteeing these teachers employment with JPPSS for the 2017-2018 school year.
Our department serves the employees and students of Jefferson Parish Public Schools by:
- Providing JPPSS with the highest caliber and most diverse pool of applicants for each position through partnerships with the Louisiana Department of Education, colleges, universities, alternative certification providers, and national recruitment organizations
- Collaborating with the LDOE to remain abreast of certification updates and requirements
- Tracking the certification of employees, supporting the continuous development of teachers to increase retention, and processing international visa applications
- Collaborating with Central Office units and principals to maintain correct staffing allocations for certified and support employees
- Managing the AppliTrack online application system, Para to Teacher Pipeline, the Voluntary Transfer, the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and the Early Decision Hiring Process
- Supporting hiring managers in filling vacancies through mutual consent
- Working with recruitment agencies to secure contracts for top quality candidates (TFA, Teach NOLA, etc).
- Advertising online, in print, magazines, news outlets, social media, etc.
- Working with the Demographics team to provide staffing allocations to schools
Tuition Reimbursement Program
The Jefferson Parish School System Tuition Reimbursement Program is a federally funded program designed to provide tuition assistance to JPPSS teachers. The Tuition Reimbursement Program is applicable for the following:
- Courses to acquire certification in core academic subjects in which he/she is teaching
- Courses to acquire certification in areas of critical need (ESL, Math, Science, English, and Special Education not including Gifted and Talented)
- Courses for non-certified teachers related to content area to acquire certification in the area in which he/she is teaching
- Praxis in elementary or secondary core academic subjects in which he/she is teaching or in an area of critical need
All JPPSS teachers interested in receiving tuition reimbursement for the 2016 fall semester must submit a 2016-2017 Tuition Reimbursement Application to Human Resources between July 25, 2016 – August 12, 2016. Please note that there are two separate applications for coursework and Praxis:
Please refer to the Tuition Reimbursement FAQ document for additional information regarding the program.
|Brown, Becky||Certification Coordinator||Becky.Blanchard@jppss.k12.la.us|
|Garrison-Hampton, Joy||Recruitment and Staffing Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Jordan, Corin||Staffing and Planning Technicianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mitchell, Evonne||Director of Recruitment and Selectionemail@example.com|
|Orgeron, Holly||Recruitment and Staffing Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Otkins, Trovania||Recruitment and Staffing Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Thibodaux, Heidi||Administrative Assistant of Recruitment and Selection & AppliTrack Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|