The insurance department coordinates all of our employees’ comprehensive health, vision, dental, and group life insurance needs. The health insurance is offered through the Office of Group Benefits (OGB) and Blue Cross Blue Shield administers most of the health plans offered by the Office of Group Benefits. Vantage administers the Vantage Medical Home HMO plan.
The Office of Group Benefits website is www.groupbenefits.org. This is an invaluable resource with quick links to health plans, health management, OGB newsletters, and reported fraud & abuse. TheOGB telephone number is 1-800-272-8451.
For information in the dental, vision, and life insurance plans view the JPPSS Know Your Benefits Guide located below in the Benefits Helpful Resources section.
For an insurance appointment, please call 349-8564. Typically, appointments are scheduled on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Once again, JPPSS employees enrolled in a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana (BCBSLA) plan through the Office of Group Benefits can participate in the Live Better Louisiana wellness program. By participating in the program employees qualify to receive a premium credit. The exact amount of the credit for 2018 has not been determined, but it will be up to $10 a month (for a total of $120 for the year). Since this is an annual program, all participants who earned the discount for 2017 will need to complete both requirements to earn the discount again in 2018. The premium credit will take effect January 1, 2018.
To qualify for the discount, complete the following steps by August 31, 2017:
1. Participate in an on-site wellness check-up or have your primary care physician complete the required paperwork.
- On-site check-ups will be scheduled between two convenient locations:
- Administration Building
Jefferson Parish Public Schools
501 Manhattan Blvd
Harvey, Louisiana 70058
- Screening dates for Westbank location: April 19; May 1, 11, 22; June 2, 12, 13, 19, 20; and July 11, 12, 13
- Administration Building – East Bank
Paul Emenes Building
822 S. Clearview Parkway
Harahan, LA 70123
- Screening dates for Eastbank location: May 3, 9, 19, 30 and June 6
- Administration Building
Employees must pre-register for the check-ups by visiting: www.timeconfirm.com/ogb
- You can also have your doctor complete the OGB Primary Care Provider form. On the form, your doctor will report your lab and biometric values for you to receive credit for the reduction on your 2018 premium rate. The completed OGB Primary Care Provider form must be returned to Catapult Health by 5:00 p.m. C.S.T. on August 31, 2017.
- If you are pregnant and unable to participate in an on-site check-up, you and your physician can complete the OGB Expectant Mother form. The completed OGB Expectant Mother form must be returned to Catapult Health by 5:00 p.m. C.S.T. on August 31, 2017.
2. Complete your Personal Health Assessment on the BCBSLA website. Visit http://www.bcbsla.com/mypha to complete your PHA.
Please contact OGB customer service at 1-800-272-8451 with any questions regarding the premium credit.
Please note, no one at JPPSS will have access to any of your personal health information. Your checkup will be done by Catapult Health, an independent healthcare provider, and is designed to identify potential health issues before they become truly serious. Your individual results are strictly confidential.
Insurance Coverage Changes and Revocations
For Pre-Tax deductions, once you elect an insurance option, you can only change that option during the Annual Enrollment or Open Enrollment period unless you meet a qualifying event/family status change. You must contact the JPPSS Insurance Team and complete the benefit change within thirty (30) calendar days of the qualifying event or family status change. Qualifying events/family status changes include:
- Getting married, divorced, or legally separated
- Birth, adoption, or placement of adoption of an eligible child
- Death of your covered spouse or child
- Change in your or your spouse’s work status that affects benefits eligibility (for example: starting a new job or leaving a job)
- A change in your child’s eligibility for benefits
- Becoming eligible for Medicare or Medicaid
- A significant change in your spouse’s health coverage attributable to your spouse’s employment
Important: Adding Newborns and Adopted Children to Insurance Coverage
- To add a newborn as a dependent on your medical insurance coverage, you must provide the JPPSS insurance department with a birth certificate or a copy of the birth letter within 30 days of the child’s birth date. The birth letter will suffice as proof of parentage only if it contains the relationship of the child to the JPPSS employee with the medical insurance. If the birth certificate or birth letter is not received within 30 days, the child cannot be added until the next annual enrollment period. To schedule an appointment with the JPPSS insurance team, please call 504-349-8564.
- To add an adopted child, you must provide the insurance department with legal adoption papers within 30 days of the child’s adoption date. To add a child placed for adoption with you, you must provide the insurance department with the adoption placement agreement or an act of surrender and Clerk of Court certification in compliance with La.R.S. 22:1004 within 30 days of the child’s placement for adoption with you. If these legal adoption papers are not received within the 30-day timeframe, enrollment cannot take place until the next annual enrollment period, unless you experience another qualified life event that supports the addition of the child to the plan. To schedule an appointment with the JPPSS insurance team, please call 504-349-8564.
- While OGB will need the social security card for every person on the plan, the social security card is not a requirement for initial enrollment for a newborn or adopted/placed child. Please remember to send the JPPSS insurance department the social security card upon receipt, preferably within 90 days of the birth/adoption.
Helpful Insurance Resources: (Please check here frequently for information updates)
- 2017 Plan Year Benefits Booklet
- Davis Vision Benefit Summary
- Guardian Dental Benefit Summary
- 2016 Dental and Vision Rates– for Spouse-only, Dependent-only, or Family Coverage
- JPPSS Retirement Application Process
- OGB Primary Care Provider form
- OGB Medical Exemption form
- The Hartford’s Basic Life Insurance Summary
- The Hartford’s Life Insurance Benefit Plan Booklet
- Prudential Life Insurance Certificate of Coverage
- Colonial Life Employee Portal Website- www.visityouville.com/JPPSS
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Reimbursement Form – The FSA is managed by National Plan Administrators and their website is www.natlplan.com
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Form – The FSA is managed by National Plan Administrators and their website is www.natlplan.com
- Flexible Spending Account Direct Deposit Form– Complete this form and send to National Plan Administrators if you would like the reimbursement for your FSA or Dependent Care expenses to be direct deposited.