501 Manhattan Blvd., Suite 1200
Harvey, LA 70058
The Human Resources Department provides a broad array of services for all JPPSS employees. From hiring to retirement and everything in between, there is someone in HR to assist. We serve both classified and certified employees. Recruitment, classified and certified hiring, new teacher induction, employment verification, certification updates, highly qualified designation, evaluation, tuition reimbursement, insurance, retirement, and workers’ compensation services are all located in the district’s administration building at 501 Manhattan Blvd.
To help assist in getting your human resource questions or concerns to the right individual, please see the following helpful numbers:
- Insurance: Jarold Brown, Jarold.Brown@jppss.k12.la.us (349-8564)
- Sick Leave and Sabbatical Applications: Toni Feirn, Toni.Feirn@jppss.k12.la.us (349-7855)
- Questions about careers and application process: Heidi Thibodaux, Heidi.Thibodaux@jppss.k12.la.us (349-8518)
- Onboarding: Marianne Trahant, Marianne.Trahant@jppss.k12.la.us (365-5302)
- Classified Substitute Interviews: Holly Orgeron, Holly.Orgeron@jppss.k12.la.us (349-7844)
- Salary and Years of Experience Verification: Contact your Employment Technician
- Workers’ Compensation Claims: Jane Patton, Jane.Patton@jppss.k12.ls.us (349-7876)
- Grievances and Complaints (349-7907)
The Human Resources Department also has a dedicated email (email@example.com)
Programs and Services
Employee Services: The employee services team is responsible for new hire on boarding. Specifically, the team is responsible for all aspects of the on boarding process, including paperwork, previous experience verification, and compensation.
In addition to new hire on boarding, the employee services team is also responsible for employee transfers, salary changes, previous experience verification, and current income verification to third parties.
Retirement: The retirement department coordinates all of our employees’ retirement concerns with the state retirement systems.
Insurance: The JPPSS insurance department coordinates all of our employees’ comprehensive health and group life insurance needs.
Disability Insurance: CIGNA Short and Long Term Disability.
For claims only – Phone: 1-800-362-4462 |Website: www.cigna.com
This coverage can only be obtained during Open Enrollment. Additional information about the Cigna Short and Long Term Disability policies is located on the JPPSS Payroll website, http://jpschools.org/department/payroll/
The role of the recruitment and selection team is to ensure the highest caliber and the most diverse pool of applicants, both internal and external, for each position, and to ensure the continuous development and retention of the entire staff of employees.
The support performance team is responsible for the design and implementation of all district performance evaluations for central office support staff and all non-instructional employees.
Click here to access employee resources.