501 Manhattan Blvd.
Harvey, LA 70058
The office of human capital (HC) provides a broad array of services for all JPPSS employees. From hiring to retirement and everything in between, there is someone in HC to assist. We serve both classified and certified employees. Recruitment, classified and certified hiring, new teacher induction, employment verification, certification updates, highly qualified designation, evaluation, tuition reimbursement, insurance, retirement, and workman’s compensation services are all located in the district’s administration building at 501 Manhattan Blvd.
To help assist in getting your human capital questions or concerns to the right individual, please see the following helpful numbers:
- Insurance: Jarold Brown,Jarold.Brown@jppss.k12.la.us (349-8564)
- Sick Leave and Sabbaticals Applications: Toni Feirn, Toni.Feirn@jppss.k12.la.us (349-7855)
- Questions about careers and application process: Heidi Thibodaux, Heidi.Thibodaux@jppss.k12.la.us (349-8518)
- Certificated Contracts: Marianne Trahant, Marianne.Trahant@jppss.k12.la.us (365-5302)
- Classified Substitute Interviews: Holly Chauvin, Holly.Chauvin@jppss.k12.la.us (349-7844)
- Salary and Years of Experience Verification: Contact your Employment Technician
- Workers’ Compensation Claims: Jane Patton, Jane.Patton@jppss.k12.ls.us (349-7876)
- Grievances and Complaints: Garri Brown, Garri.Brown@jppss.k12.la.us (349-7907)
The Office of Human Capital also has a dedicated email (email@example.com)
Programs and Services
Employee Services: The employee services team is responsible new hire on boarding. Specifically, the team is responsible for all aspects of the on boarding process, including paperwork, previous experience verification, and compensation.
In addition to new hire on boarding, the employee services team is also responsible for employee transfers, salary changes, previous experience verification, and current income verification to third parties.
Retirement: The retirement department coordinates all of our employees’ retirement concerns with the state retirement systems.
Insurance: The JPPSS insurance department coordinates all of our employees’ comprehensive health and group life insurance needs.
The role of the recruitment and selection team is to ensure the highest caliber and the most diverse pool of applicants, both internal and external, for each position, and to ensure the continuous development and retention of the entire staff of employees.
The support performance team is responsible for the design and implementation of all district performance evaluations for central office support staff and all non-instructional employees.
Visit page to access human capital resources.