JPPSS is a district on the rise, with a district performance score that has increased by more than 25 points between 2008 and 2012. In 2013, when the state changed its grading scale, Jefferson Parish students continued to show growth in student achievement, with the district earning a “B” grade from the state — up from a “D” grade just two years prior. In 2016, 13 schools received an “A” while 14 earned a “B.”
Our Top Accomplishments
Since 2011 (when letter grades were established):
- 75 percent of JPPSS schools have improved at least one letter grade.
- District rank was 51 in 2011. In 2014, under a new scoring system set by the state in 2013, the district ranked 37th in the state.
- 81 percent of our students attend higher performing schools (schools ranked A, B, or C), compared to 35 percent in 2011.
- 53 schools have been named as “Top Gains” schools in Louisiana, including 15 that have achieved the distinction multiple times.
Recognized as among the top districts in Louisiana:
- 15 schools earned “A” grades in 2014, with seven open-enrollment schools being awarded the top mark for the first time in Jefferson Parish
- Eight of the top 25 schools in Louisiana, with five schools in the top 10
- Top elementary school in Louisiana (Metairie Academy) and top middle school in Louisiana (Ruppel Academy)
Parents, residents, and members of the public may now view the school performance scores for all of the schools in the Jefferson Parish Public School System through the Louisiana Department of Education.
This new school performance report reflects the school performance scoring system developed by the state. To view each school’s report, visit: http://www.louisianabelieves.com/data/reportcards/.